Causes Of Foundation Problems Dallas, Fort Worth TX
Many Things Create Foundation Problems In The Dallas, Fort Worth Metroplex. Avoid Slab, Pier And Beam Issues.
It’s wise to find out what’s damaging your foundation. It will save you time and money in the end.
Common Causes Of Foundation Problems Include:
- Soil and climate often create a variety of issues for Dallas, Fort Worth homeowners. Clay soil expands and contracts. When it’s hot, the earth shrinks and when it’s cold, it gains volume. This can lead to foundation movement that can make a structure unstable. Learn how to recognize the signs of foundation issues.
- Rain Water/Floods and the lack of a proper foundation drainage system are frequently the source of trouble. Moisture affects slab foundations and pier and beam homes. Flooding is a serious threat that may lead to foundation heaving and damaged crawl spaces. To prevent to this sort of trouble, read about common problems with pier and beam foundations. Make sure that moisture is not creeping beneath your home.
- Plumbing leaks are another cause of foundation issues in the Dallas, Fort Worth Metroplex. They can lead to cracked concrete slab foundations. If you’re concerned, learn about slab foundation issues.
- Large tree roots can be problematic. Roots can creep under your house, crack your slab and even lift your foundation.
- Poor soil compaction. If the earth under your foundation was not properly prepared during construction, your foundation can sink under the load bearing weight of the structure.
How To Stop What’s Causing Foundation Issues:
- Check your property regularly. You should inspect the inside and outside of your structure. Cracks in your concrete slab could mean that the ground around your foundation is too dry. Foundation damage takes many forms.
- Install soaker hoses around your foundation. This will help prevent many foundation problems caused by heat in the DFW Metroplex. Summer weather frequently adversely affects slab foundations. If you’re a homeowner be sure to take precautionary measures. Sprinkler systems help, too.
- Contact a licensed plumber if you suspect you have a plumbing leak. They can perform a hydrostatic plumbing test and determine if you have a leak or not.
- Install a drainage system such a French drain or surface drain, when needed. They can help prevent many issues that cause problems with foundations. This is true with concrete slabs as well as pier and beam structures.
Interior Warning Signs
- Cracked walls
- Stuck doors and windows
- Cracked floor tile
- Uneven floors, sagging
- Ceiling cracks and associated problems
- Wall separation at ceiling
- Kitchen cabinets separating
from wall or ceiling
- A fireplace that is leaning
Exterior Warning Signs:
- Brick crack or separation
- Cracked chimney
- Exterior door or window frame
separation from brick or siding is common
- Cracked exterior concrete
- Cracked slab
- Gaps occur between trim or fascia boards
and exterior brick
Get Foundation Repair Estimates:
It’s not uncommon to require slab or pier and beam foundation repair. It’s always best to avert complications as soon as possible.
To learn more about the causes of foundation problems in Dallas, Fort Worth, call us. If you have concerns about your structure, schedule a free foundation repair estimate online today. HD Foundations services the entire Metroplex.