Arlington Foundation Repair
HD Offers Foundation Repair in Arlington, TX. Our Company Stops Cracks And Offers A Lifetime Warranty.
For foundation repair in Arlington, call HD Foundations. We put an end to cracks and other foundation issues. As contractors who service the entire DFW metroplex, we know how to stop foundation damage. If you think you may need Arlington foundation repair service, contact us today for a free foundation evaluation. We offer a lifetime warranty and have an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
Reasons Arlington Foundation Repair Service Is Needed:
- Sometimes repairs are required because a concrete slab foundation was incorrectly poured during construction.
- Structural foundation damage can become a concern when a home is built on poorly compacted soils.
- Expansive clay soils in the Arlington area expand and contract. This causes major foundation problems including sinking and settling. It also leads to foundation movement in concrete slabs and pier and beam foundations.
- Heavy rains and flooding in the metroplex is a concern. (In spring of 2019 the city experienced torrential downpours.) Moisture can create soil erosion and even force a foundation upward. This is referred to as “upheaval.”
- High temperatures can cause soil to pull away from a foundation. This ultimately results in foundation settling and cracking. Read about hot weather, cracks, and foundation repair. If you’re a homeowner in Arlington, it’s important to water your foundation during the summer months. Older homes are more likely to have foundations issues and become out of level. That’s because they’ve endured severe weather for a long period of time.
- Plumbing leaks can cause massive deterioration, particularly in concrete slabs. The source of these under-slab leaks must be located and fixed in order to avoid cracks in your foundation. The area beneath pier and beam foundations can become moist and moldy, too. In that case, crawl space repair is sometimes the solution. If your foundation is sinking or settling, or you have other concerns about your Arlington area home, find out when foundation repair is necessary.
- Trees planted too close to houses can severely damage a foundation. Invasive roots from a large tree can suck up to 200 gallons of water out of the soil per day. A smaller tree could remove 50 gallons or more. This will make the ground beneath your home dry. For that reason, be sure to plant them a safe distance away.
Common Indications Of House Foundation Issues:
- Cracks of all types could indicate trouble. This includes slab foundation cracks, exterior brick and floor crevices, and gaps in sheetrock or around windows.
- Sinking or sloping in a foundation is an issue for many property owners in Arlington. The repair process we use on homes will eliminate this concern. Plus you’ll receive an excellent lifetime foundation repair warranty. It’s not uncommon for foundations to be uneven by 1-3″. Settling generally occurs in one particular area of your foundation first. Over time, the damage spreads to other parts of a house. Fortunately, our Arlington foundation repair company can make any necessary repairs before the situation gets worse.
- Doors that don’t open and shut correctly could mean trouble. Doorframe sometimes become crooked.
- Leaning or cracked chimneys or sloping areas around fireplaces should be examined. They can pose a real danger.
- Squeaky floors in pier and beam structures are often an issue, as are dips in the flooring or soft spots. In some cases, re-shiming the foundation is all that’s required to make a pier and beam house level again. We install shims under homes with concrete slabs, too.
About Our Foundation Repair Methods:
- At HD Foundations, we commonly install pressed concrete foundation piers in order to effectively repair slabs foundations or pier and beam structures. Using a hydraulic pressing machine, these approx. 10″ tall pilings are driven into the ground to the “point of refusal.” The interior or exterior piers are stacked one on top of the other. After that, a concrete cap is placed on top of each pier, a bottle jack is inserted between the foundation and the cap, and steel shims are placed on top of the cap. Shims are added until the desired elevation is obtained. When the foundation repair project on your Arlington area house has been completed, the bottle jack is removed.
- Pressed steel foundation piers are another excellent option. They are more costly than concrete piers, but they can be driven further into the ground. They’re installed to the point of bedrock which can easily be 25′-30′ or more. An experienced contractor like HD Foundations can tell you which type of pier is best for you.
- 3/8″ steel shims are also utilized when re-shimming pier and beam structures.
Schedule A Free Foundation Estimate And Learn Preventative Maintenance Techniques
At HD Foundations, we welcome the opportunity to evaluate your foundation and provide you with some helpful advice. To schedule a free estimate for foundation repair in Arlington, contact us today.